Your AZ NATP chapter is a member of the Arizona Forum for Improvement of Taxation (AFIT). This organization is a coalition of organizations along with tax agency liaisons which meets to discuss tax administration issues, including return filing, examination issues and collection practices, as well as new developments.
At the June 2021 meeting, some of the topics discussed were:
- ADOR representative does not know of another amnesty program, but there is a voluntary disclosure program that will be discussed at the July 22, 2021 AFIT seminar.
- IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service is doing outreach regarding the new child credit payments. There are programs in Phoenix (June 26), Mesa (July 9), and Tucson (July 10).
- The IRS is aware of delays in transcripts and backlogs in tax returns.
- IRS offices in Arizona should all be open by the end of June.
- There will be a summer AFIT seminar on July 22, 2021.